Our two daughters are excitedly waiting for us in Cebu, Philippines.
Their little faces light up every time we talk to them by Skype. And we are close, oh so close, to getting our final green light to travel. Their Passports and Visas, are the last item on our very long checklist of approvals. Once those come through, we'll jump on a plane, fly 30+ hours, and hug our new girls! They are eager to fly on an airplane and return with us to their very first home.
I'm so happy to report: All our agency fees are PAID IN FULL!
We credit that to the Lord's gracious provision and to so many friend's and family's kind generosity. We are speechless at this reality! So that just leaves us with Travel Expenses and Adoption Finalization expenses a few months later.
Estimated Expenses Remaining:
We want to Bless the Philippines. In addition to our travel needs, we are asking the Lord for a SURPLUS over our own expenses in order to respond to the requests we have had to bring supplies for the ministries we are connected with on the ground. Things such as:
|Airfare - Courtney||$1,500|
|Airfare - Karena||$1,500|
|Airfare - for girl 1||$750|
|Airfare - for girl 2||$750|
|In Country Travel||$700|
|Total Travel Fund Need:||$7,500|
- Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Soap, Hand Sanitizer, etc. to donate to the Feeding Programs serving the poorest of the poor.
- Band Aids, Neosporin, First Aid, etc. for several orphanages
- Children's Shirts, Shorts, Underwear, Shoes, etc. for the orphanages
- Toys, Games and Sports Equipment, etc. for the orphanages
- Sound Equipment and a Keyboard for the Worship Department of the Immanuel Bible College in Cebu City. (Specific items requested. Let me know if you'd like the details.)
If you have any connections to help answer these requests, we have extra luggage space to carry the items with us. Many of the smaller items can be purchased in the Philippines after we arrive if you'd like to donate financially towards these needs specifically. Our goals in the Philippines are several.
- Spend time with the the ministries that Courtney has previously been a part of, bringing supplies and reconnecting with the good works they are doing to serve the poor.
- Spend time at the shelter and in the Cebu City, where our girls are from, learning more of the culture and their world while they get used to us.
- Spend time in the country as a newly formed family, taking the time to connect and get used to each other before the long flight home.
In total we are looking at being gone for about a month. We have thought and prayed much about sharing these final needs. On one hand this has been a LONG road and every last molehill of money just feels like a mountain to us. Yet on the other hand we think of so many who have already honored us with their support to bring us this far and we are grateful. We hesitate to even bring it up again.
But in my heart I feel it is right to present the need and ask if you'd consider helping us finish the race STRONG and get us There and Back again.