Contact the Organizer
Since 2001, Gateway Pet Guardians' volunteers have not missed a day of feeding and caring for the stray animals in East St. Louis, IL. In that time, over 2000 animals have been rescued, rehabilitated and placed into forever homes.
Gateway Pet Guardians has evolved over these past 12 years. With the help of dedicated and passionate volunteers, we now operate a low-cost spay/neuter clinic specific to East St. Louis and surrounding communities' residents.
Monthly, volunteers meet pet owners and transport their animals to the Carol House Quick Fix Clinic in St. Louis City. Gateway Pet Guardians also subsidizes most of the cost of the surgery and any additional vaccinations and microchipping. Our GOAL IS NO MORE HOMELESS PETS!
By providing spay/neuter resources, educating on pet health and safety, more animals will remain in their homes and not on the streets or in shelters.
In addition to the spay/neuter clinics, we also host dog house and supply drives twice a year. We hope to educate the community on resources available to them and provide them with the things they need to be responsible pet owners.
Gateway Pet Guardians needs your help! Monthly, our clinic costs approximately $1000. We want to continue providing these service to the community. After all, sterilization is the key to eliminating unwanted litters.
Each surgery costs Gateway Pet Guardians $50 to subsidize. Community members pay $10 or any amount they can afford. Consider donating to reduce unwanted animals in shelters.
One unaltered female, one unaltered male and their unaltered offspring will produce 67,000 offspring in SIX years time. Those are real numbers that we are battling in the community and YOU can make a difference!SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: Support Spay/Neuter - $50
Give me a roof support - $125
- Sponsor one surgery for a dog or cat. Your $50 donation will eliminate a minimum of 5-10 unwanted animals from entering local shelters each year. (number based on one litter per year, average litter of five animals)
- Sponsor two surgeries for a dog or cat. Your $100 donation will eliminate up to 67,000 unwanted animals over a six-year time span. (number based on one unaltered male and one unaltered female producing unaltered offspring and the cycle continuing)
- Sponsor 20 surgeries. Your $1000 donation will cover the entire cost of one of our monthly spay/neuter clinics.
- Sponsor two dog houses. Your $125 donation will allow us to give homes to two dogs in the community. During extreme weather, dogs are left outdoors, many times with inadequate shelter. This will ensure shelter during unfavorable weather conditions.
- Sponsor 170 dog houses. Your $8500 donation will allow us to shelter 170 dogs in the community! Your logo will be included on each house. (must be before June 23, date of the dog house drive)