11/13/13 God has provided almost half of what we need for our buiding restoration. We are so thankful for this and thankful for how He will provide the rest of the funds. It was so great to be back in our church building this past Sunday, 11/10/13. We enjoyed our service surrounded by the fresh smell of new carpet and a few appliances and dishes that haven't made it to our kitchen yet. This week we finished the nursery painting hung curtains, and are continuing to work on the kitchen as well as the clean-up outside. For a more detailed update, please visit our website at http://www.gbcloveland.org.
10/27/13 We are excited to say that plans are being made to be back in our building by November 10. Carpet and flooring are being installed, cupboards are arriving, the painting is completed, and we are ready to be back. We are again so very humbled by the generosity of our community. Thanks to the many, many volunteers who were and are such a blessing to us during this situation.
We are also very appreciative of financial gifts that we have received. The restoration is costing an estimated $90,000 and God has graciously provided more than $35,000. He will meet our needs in His timing and we are thankful for His good gifts.
9/30/13 Update: Our church building is beginning to look more familiar. The dry wall is up and finishing work has started. Painting will begin soon and we continue to work at removing the mud from the landscaping. Our expenses are starting to add up. We ordered replacement cabinets for the bathrooms, nursery and kitchen, as well as, new kitchen appliances. There are still several items to complete and we anticipate another 4-5 weeks before we can be back in our building.
Currently, we are meeting for our Sunday morning service and Wednesday evening Awana program and Adult prayer meeting at Campion Academy, 300 42nd st SW, Loveland, CO. We are extremely appreciative of Campion Academy's hospitality.
We are so grateful to God for allowing us to experience His provision through this. He is always good.
If you are interested in seeing more photos, please visit our website: http://www.gbcloveland.org
9/19/13 Update: We are so humbled by the outpouring of help we've received from our community. Over the past 4 days, we have had over 150 volunteers working to repair our building. Since Monday, we were able to accomplish the following items:
- Cleaning and disinfecting of kitchen items
- Removal of cabinets in kitchen, bathrooms and nursery
- Removal of all piano and organ to a dry location to be cleaned
- Removal of bottom 4 feet of dry wall, baseboards, insulation
- Disinfecting of wood framing
- Removal of 6 inches of mud in most of the parking lot
- Power-washing of portion of the front lawn
- Accommodations to electrical to allow for 25 fans and 15 dehumidifiers
- Piano, organ, keyboard, communion table moved to a dry location and for repairs
- Removal of carpet in sanctuary, foyer, auditorium
- Removal of stalls and toilets in bathrooms
- Disposal of kitchen appliances
We are expecting the humidity levels to reduce so we can begin hanging drywall. Our efforts are focused on completing removing the mud from the remainder of the parking lot and landscaping. To see photos of our efforts, please visit www.gbcloveland.org.
9/15/13 Update: We will begin work at 8 am Monday, 9/16.
Praise the Lord that most of the mud has been removed from floor and chairs!
Tasks for Monday will be:
Please bring cleaning pails and cloths if you are able to come. You will get dirty.
- remove the nursery carpet
- additional pressure washing of walks and front parking area
- detailed cleaning
- removal of plywood floor off platform for cleaning underneath
- other tasks as arise
- removing kitchen cupboards for cleaning in preparation for cleaning behind