Contact the Organizer
We are Bruce and Karen from Ohio. Our goal is to ride our tandem bicycle across the United States from the west coast to the east coast. We will be riding through "small town" America bringing awareness to the fastest growing segment of organized crime in America...human trafficking and sexual slavery.WAR - Women At Risk, Int'l
is a ministry dedicated to helping women, one battle at a time in the name of Christ.Facts about WAR, Int'l:
- U.S. based non-profit organization.
- Offers women & children an opportunity to live life with dignity.
- Creating havens of safety & healing for "at risk" women and children.
- Women are taught trade skills and sell products made by their own hands...buying their products gives rescue as well as life, freedom, dignity, and a new start.
- "At risk" women are not asking for a hand out...they are asking for a hand up to dignity, a job and a way to work for a living. WAR believes passionately in sustainability; and that hard work builds character and self-worth.
We believe in the sanctity of life and human dignity. Why do we believe so passionately about this cause? The very words taken from the WAR website explains it clearly: "She is your sister. Your daughter. She is your neighbor. Your co-worker. Your best friend. She is a victim of sex trafficking and she could be anyone. Even you. Traffickers do not discriminate against race, religion, or social class. They target the vulnerable in the bustling metropolises of New York City and Los Angeles and in the neighborhoods of quiet suburban towns. How is it that abuse and exploitation happens in our own backyards?"
This evil is happening so close to our own homes and families.Help unveil this hidden evil!