Hi everyone. So we're basically one week away from Lauren's Celebration of Life. In the midst of this difficult time I find myself encouraged greatly by all of the support and prayers. I don't think I'll ever be able to express my thankfulness enough, but I hope to be able to at least somewhat do that on the 21st.
Once again, the Celebration is from 2-4 PM on Saturday the 21st of June. It will be held at Westside | A Jesus Church (formerly Solid Rock), which is located at 10500 SW Nimbus Avenue Portland (Tigard), Oregon 97223.
I am going to be laying quite low this next week so this will be my final update before the 21st. Here are some important details:
- Refreshments will be provided around 4 PM (immediately following the Celebration) in the lobby.
- There will be signs out on the intersection of Scholl's Ferry and Nimbus pointing you toward our church. It's in the back of an office park in what looks like a big warehouse. Parking is throughout the entire office park and any spots which aren't available will be clearly marked. Fair warning, if we get the amount of people we're hoping for, you may have to park a little ways away and walk up. It will be worth it though, I promise.
- We will be recording the entire Celebration and posting it online after the fact so that anyone unable to attend can still share in it. I completely understand there are lots of circumstances keeping some folks away. Please try to attend if you can. There is a ton that God has in store for that day.
- I won't be having an open mic sharing time during the Celebration itself. I would like to, but we are expecting so many people that it runs the risk of going long. That said, both before and after the Celebration there will be blank cards and a video camera set up in the lobby of the church for you to write down or record memories. My goal is to get a ton of recordings compiled and post them online for you all to enjoy.
- I tried everything in my power to be able to provide childcare for any and all attending the Celebration, but after much effort we just couldn't make it happen. Kiddos are certainly more than welcome though!
I think that's it. Thank you all for your prayers and please keep them coming.
Hey gang. As many of you are aware, I've been keeping my online presence to a minimum as of late and will continue to. However, tonight I finally felt comfortable and had a few spare moments to sit down and scan this page. I obviously don't have time to read every comment and post, but what I have read has been tremendously encouraging. I continue to be humbled by the outpouring of love, prayers, and support on the part of everyone who knows our family - specifically, the donation website. I will never be able to adequately express my thanks for everyone's financial contributions. I will do my best to be a good steward of those resources.
As of this moment, I am still in Central Oregon taking care of a few things and will be Portland-bound soon. As far as a personal update, I certainly have my moments of breakdown and despair, but I have definitely felt the Lord's presence flowing through and strengthening me leading up to and since Lauren's passing (which still feels unreal to say).
The kids are also doing well and are a constant source of strength and joy. Good grief, am I thankful for them. As far as further updates, I'll shoot straight with you, don't expect to see or hear much about us personally for a while. I feel it's important for us to maintain what privacy and normalcy we can. That doesn't mean I'm not desperately thankful to everyone, but it's time to start considering what is most important for our little family unit. That said, please don't be offended if I don't return every comment, message, and friend request. There are just more of them that I have time for right now.
Really the only other thing I want to say is that I would dearly love to see as many people as possible attend Lauren's Celebration of Life on Saturday, June 21st. We are holding it from 2 - 4 PM at Westside | A Jesus Church (formerly Solid Rock), which is located at 10500 SW Nimbus Avenue Bldg T, Portland, (Tigard), Oregon 97223. Attire is whatever you deem appropriate for a gathering such as this and there will be refreshments immediately following. We are also working on having childcare available. I personally have some things I would like to say and I would hate for you to miss it. While this situation has been horrible in many ways, I'm finding myself eager to get on to the celebration portion because Lord knows Lauren is an easy person to celebrate.
That's all for now. See you in a few weeks.