Coco is my 11 year old Pomeranian with the most amazing personality. Everyone who knows me knows how much I love her. People think that a dog is just a dog, but to me she is my child, my best friend, my world, and the one who's always been by my side through good times and bad. Coco started getting sick on may 11, 2013. Started with vomiting and it stopped so I thought she was better. Then she started getting bloated and I knew from then on something was really wrong. She has been back and forth to the vet ever since. They took multiple X-rays, blood tests, and ultrasounds. They said her liver was leaking fluid and took a biopsy. The results didn't get in for 4 days which was so stressful. That's a long time for a little sick dog to be waiting. She then started having pains so they took another test and said she had pancreatitis. From there I took her everyday from 8 am-4 pm to get iv fluids and antibiotics thinking she had a liver inflammation and pancreatitis. My poor little baby was in so much pain it hurt me. They then took another blood test and said her white cells were even higher. That's when they sent a REAL ultrasound specialist and sent me to an emergency vet. From there they said they couldn't see her gallbladder and think it may have ruptured. The Dr said if it did and I took her home she would be in a lot of pain and only live for 2 days at the most. If I did surgery there still could be some hope. Words cannot express how i felt at that moment... I'm very upset and sad that if they found it sooner before it ruptured she would be fine by now. I wasted over $7,000 at the other vet who only diagnosed secondary problems due to the gallbladder. But of course if there's hope for my little girl I will do anything I can to save her. We decided to have the surgery. The Dr said her gallbladder did rupture, she had peritonitis , and her organs were all stuck together. He tried his very best to clean out her little belly. They say it takes a long time for the after care. So far the total of her bills is almost $20,000 and each day she is there adds up. She needs the 24 hour care to survive because she is still in a very critical condition. it is so heartbreaking for me to see her like this, but If there is still hope for her to live I will do anything in my power to help her be a happy dog again and I won't give up. The doctors and techs all say that they are so amazed by how strong she is... That's why I know that she wants to get through this and come home to me! So please help me save my baby girls life and help donate anything you can. If you can't we understand and just ask to please keep her in your prayers.
Contact the Organizer