Tell Your Story HonestlyBe honest about your current situation. People want to help, be honest and vulnerable. Not sure how to start? Try answering these questions in the description of your fundraising profile page:
- What are you fundraising for?
- Why is this cause important to you?
- What difference will each donation make?
Set A Clear & Realistic Money Goal
Donors want to see their friends succeed. Remember, the best fundraisers:
- Give updates on the status of your fundraising efforts.
- Raise your goal once you reach it. Then, notify your donors again.
Link To Or Add Your Page To Social Media Sites
- Share your fundraising page with family, friends and colleagues using our social media tools. Make sure people realize how easy it is to donate online!
- Join our YouCaring.com Facebook and Twitter community.
Talk About Your Fundraising Campaign On Your Blog
A blog is a great place to update donors on your progress and a subtle way to tell blog visitors that you are accepting donations for a great cause. Learn more by checking out our blog, our YouTube channel, and follow us on Twitter. Don't forget to view our free online fundraising success stories.
Email People in Your Community For Support
Directly contact friends and family by email. Some of our best tips for emailing fundraiser contributors include opting for individual emails instead of mass email so you can cater your message to your recipients.
Thank Your Donors Personally
YouCaring.com will automatically send a message to your donors confirming their donation has been successful but it helps if they can get a personalized thank-you from you. A list of donor emails can be found on your supporter tab if they have chosen to divulge it. Send them a message and tell them what it means to you or how their donation is helping you.
Best Online Fundraising Ideas
- Personalize your page by adding pictures. Add an image that really illustrates your story.
- Keep sharing! Create updates on your fundraising efforts and send links to all your contacts via email, Facebook and Twitter. Sharing your stories about challenges and milestones makes your supporters feel they are part of your fundraising efforts.
More Ideas for Online Fundraising
Do you have any fundraising tips or ideas that have helped you? Share them by emailing us or sharing it on our Facebook group. We would love to hear them.
Some Examples of YouCaring Fundraising Profiles
- Medical Costs Fundraising Raise money for medical bills and related medical expense, from long-term treatment to necessary surgical procedures.
- Service Projects Fundraising - Service projects fundraising can include goals for medical service trips abroad, disaster relief, and faith-based missions.